Apply for Edmonds Driftwood Players scholarships
The Edmonds Driftwood Players, a non-profit community theater, will award scholarships of $500-$1,000 each to deserving students. The scholarships can go toward tuition at any college in the U.S.
To be eligible for a scholarship, students must:
• Be graduating high school seniors or currently attending college;
• Have a permanent residence in South Snohomish or King counties; and
• Have demonstrated talent in the theater arts (performing or technical areas) and intend to study theater arts in college.
Applicants are required to submit the following documentation to be considered for a scholarship award:
• Applicant name, current address, phone number and email address. If under 18, parent/guardian name(s) and address(es) are also required;
• Name of your current school and counselor or adviser;
• A list of high school or college extracurricular activities and any awards or honors received;
• Intended college for fall 2014;
• A letter of recommendation from your school’s drama teacher or other theater mentor;
• An essay of 300-500 words about your interest in theater arts and what you plan to study in college;
• Transcripts of grades, including the first semester of senior year or latest quarter/semester of college; and
• Date of awards ceremonies at your high school, if applicable.
Recipients will be selected by an evaluation of the above information. All of the above information is required. Incomplete submissions will not be considered for scholarships.
Send and application and documents postmarked by May 1, 2014 to:
The Edmonds Driftwood Players
Attn: Scholarship Committee
PO Box 385
Edmonds, WA 98020
For more information call 425-774-9600 or to go www.driftwoodplayers.com.
-Edited by Beacon staff