Call for art: Showcasing county’s homeless artwork
Cocoon House and 3231 Creatives will be hosting a special gallery showcase and artist reception on Aug. 18 as part of Everett’s ArtWalk.
The exhibit will feature artwork from talented homeless and/or once homeless artists in the surrounding area.
Organizers are looking for artwork from creative individuals who are homeless or at some point in their lives have been homeless.
The exhibit will be held from 4-7 p.m. at Creative’s, 3231 Broadway.
Cocoon House and 3231 hope to aide these artists financially through the sales of their work as well as providing them an opportunity for their talents to be recognized. The art exhibit will be featured for a 6-week period following the ArtWalk as well.
Proceeds from the artwork sold during this showcase will go directly to the artists. This project will also help 3231 Creatives raise funds to further the development of their community-based business model.
• Participating artists will receive 65 percent of the sale price.
• Two- and three-dimensional work is acceptable.
• A maximum of five pieces can be submitted.
• Sizes should not exceed 48 inches.
• Artists will be responsible for the drop off and pick up of the artwork to the venue.
• All artists featured are invited to attend the artist reception on Aug. 18, 4-7 p.m.
• If possible, artwork should be ready to hang (anyone who does not have materials available to them so their work is ready to hang can call 425.258.5072 for help).
• 3231 Creatives reserves the right to refuse any artwork not deemed suitable for this show.
The exhibit will open Aug. 16, and run through Sept. 30. Artwork can be delivered to 3231 Creatives during regular open hours (Tuesdays, noon to 7 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays, noon to 5 p.m.) beginning on Thursday Aug. 2 through Thursday, Aug. 9, or by arrangement. Deadline to apply is Aug. 9.
Unsold pieces must be picked up between Oct. 3-5 during open hours listed above.
While every precaution will be taken to insure the safety and security of artwork, 3231 Creatives will not be responsible for the loss of, or damage to any piece.
Please drop by 3231 Creatives to fill out an application form. For questions, email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.