Chamber to host business development classes
Mukilteo’s Chamber of Commerce has a new monthly program for business owners and entrepreneurs looking to grow their business.
The Lunch & Learn Program will be hosted every fourth Thursday of the month from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Chamber Office, located at 4902 76th St. S.W. in Mukilteo. The classes are $10 each and include lunch.
Each class will be taught by chamber members and other local business experts, and will cover topics such as productivity, social networking and online marketing. You don’t have to be a member to attend.
“It is a great way to pick up some development skills and apply them to your business,” said Shannon McCarty, executive director of the chamber. “It’s a neat program, and we’re excited about it.”
McCarty said the program is designed to help business owners and entrepreneurs develop the skills they need to grow their business and make it more effective – and is an opportunity to network with others taking the class.
“Offering these classes is part of the chamber’s commitment and mission to invigorate business in the greater Mukilteo area,” she said. “All the presenters are great people and really have a vested interest in seeing Mukilteo businesses prosper.”
The first lunch is scheduled for Thursday, Jan. 24. Donna Ridgeway, owner of Making Spaces LLC will cover organization and productivity.
“Forget New Year’s resolutions – I will be teaching productivity and giving information and tips that will help you move past your obstacles and forward toward your goals in 2013,” she said.
Ridgeway, of Mukilteo, is a professional organizer and productivity trainer. She specializes in residential organizing, home offices and small business offices.
Her class will focus on moving past procrastination in the workplace. She will also introduce the GO System, a program to help you become better organized and more productive in the office or at home.
“If your employees aren’t using their time well and being productive, it affects your bottom line,” said Ridgeway, who is a Go System certified trainer. “I’ll teach people how to use their time better, how to get past things that are holding them up.”
The Lunch & Learn Program schedule for 2013 is as follows:
• Jan. 24: Forget New Year’s Resolutions – Productivity and Organizing Information, Donna Ridgeway, Making Spaces, LLC
• Feb. 28: Social Media Setup – Facebook for Business, Matt Cail, Supercharge Marketing
• March 28: Why Aren't You Showing Up on Search Engines?, Matt Cail, Supercharge Marketing
• April 25: Online Business Videos – The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, Matt Cail, Supercharge Marketing
• May 23: Finding Time for Online Marketing, Matt Cail, Supercharge Marketing
• June 27: Quick Books, Sherri Bear, Accuracy Plus Book Keeping
• July 25: Get Your Head In The Cloud – How to Use Cloud Computing to Save Your Data and Your Sanity, Sven Mogelgaard, I Need A CTO!
• Aug. 22: Free (Or Nearly Free) Tools To Save You Tons On Software, Sven Mogelgaard, I Need A CTO!
• Sept. 26: Professional Networking - Make The Most Of Your Face-To-Face Time, Sven Mogelgaard, I Need A CTO!
• Oct. 24: Care And Feeding Of Your PC -Tips And Tricks To Keep It Running Like New, Sven Mogelgaard, I Need A CTO!
Schedule is subject to change. For more information, go to www.mukilteo.org or call the Chamber Office at 425-347-1456.