Edmonds Senior Center a designated Cold Weather ShelterThe Shelter provides a warm bed, hot supper, hearty breakfast, and sack lunch to those less fortunate on cold winter nights
The Edmonds Senior Center is the host facility for the South Snohomish County Emergency Cold Weather Shelter.
The Shelter provides a warm bed, hot supper, hearty breakfast, and sack lunch to those less fortunate on cold winter nights. The doors are open when temperatures drop below 34 degrees.
Shelter guest will be picked up at the Lynnwood City Hall main entrance (19100 – 44th Ave. W next to the Lynnwood Library) at 7 p.m. or at the bus stop on 196th St. immediately west of Highway 99 in Lynnwood at 7:10 p.m.
The Shelter is hosted by volunteers from: Edmonds Unitarian Universalist Church, Edmonds United Methodist Church, Good Shepard Baptist Church, St. Thomas Moore Catholic Church and Trinity Lutheran Church.
Shelter Policies: We seek to create a safe environment for all of our guests.
The following policies are essential to this outcome:
- Overnight guests must enter the shelter from the pickup locations.
- The pick-up times will be 7 p.m. or 7:10 p.m., depending on the pick-up location.
- There will be security screening and registration at the pick-up site.
- Absolutely no illegal drugs can be brought into the shelter.
- Only prescribed medication will be permitted.
- Smoking will be permitted in a designated area.
- If the population seeking shelter exceeds the capacity of our network preference will be given to women, children, elderly and the sick.
- The shelter will provide a safe place from intimidation, physical violence, verbal abuse, sexual harassment, foul language and discrimination.
- No alcohol or weapons allowed.
Anyone wanting to know if the shelter is open can call Trinity Lutheran Church at (425) 778-2159 and select ext. 296.
For additional information, contact Mark or Sue Waldin (425) 419-7938.