Have a hunk a hunk a hunk of fun at ‘A Taste of Edmonds’ Friday through
Elvis sightings are almost a sure thing this year at “A Taste of Edmonds,” Saturday, August 9 to 11. Even the Taste’s seagull mascot is sporting a pompadour in honor of the King!
For music fans, two main stages will feature top talents such as Heart by Heart, Shambala, Spike and the Impalers, The Spazamatics, The Beatniks and more!
Every band at the 2013 Taste will play at least one song made famous by the King — but for true Elvis fans, Shane Cobane will be on stage with his Tribute to Elvis, as will as Tracy Alan Moore, Danny Vernon and the DeVilles, and even Little Elvis on the Kid’s stage.
Swiveling your hips may cause you to work up an appetite. With 35 Taste food vendors there will be plenty of awesome choices for chowing down.
Mate your plate with a beverage at the beer garden or the wine garden.
Elvis liked to purchase expensive gifts for his friends. What will you find at the 70 Arts and Crafts booths? The variety makes the shopping fun. The bargains make it worthwhile. From locally fresh items like natural honey to fine handcrafted art, it’s a shopper’s delight.
In 1956 Elvis was quoted as saying, “Some people tap their feet, some people snap their fingers, and some people sway back and forth. I just sorta do ‘em all together, I guess.”
Do it all at A Taste of Edmonds!
The Edmonds Chamber of Commerce presents the Taste of Edmonds annually.
What you need to know:
• For general event information, visit www.atasteofedmonds.com or call the Edmonds Chamber of Commerce Visitors Center at (425) 776-6711.
• Festival location: Civic Playfield at 310 6th Ave. N in Edmonds, 98020.
• Festival hours: Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• Entrance Fee: $4 Daily (12 and under free).
• Free Shuttle from Coldwell Banker Bain Realty of Edmonds will be making it easy to visit the Taste by dropping folks off at the festival entrance on 7th St.