Mukilteo schools lockdown during burglar search

May 14, 2012

Several Mukilteo schools were in a lockdown earlier this morning.

Explorer Middle School, Challenger Elementary, ACES High School and the district office were all in a modified lockdown for about 20 minutes this morning while Everett police searched the area for a suspect in a home burglary, said Andy Muntz, spokesperson for the Mukilteo School District.

"Police were not sure if the suspect had left the scene of the burglary in a vehicle or on foot," he said.

The lockdown ended when police determined that the suspect was no longer in the area of the schools, Muntz said.

In a modified lockdown, the exterior doors are locked, but normal activities continue inside.

Comments (0)
If you wish to comment, please login.