Spice up your holiday appetizers with Mexican pinwheels | Holiday recipe
Just received a last minute invitation to a holiday party and looking for something quick and easy to make?
Look no further than home cook Thea Pappalardo’s Mexican Pinwheels. No baking required for this recipe and you can quickly make these with ingredients you probably have on hand. So simple and so good!
See step-by-step photos of Thea’s recipe plus thousands more from home cooks nationwide at: www.justapinch.com/pinwheels
You’ll also find a meal planner, coupons and chances to win! Enjoy and remember, use “just a pinch”...
“These taste really good!”
Thea Pappalardo, Queens Village, NY (Pop. 176,958)
What You Need
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 c cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 c ripe olives, chopped
2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
2 tbsp scallion, chopped
1/2 tsp garlic powder
4 10” flour tortillas
Red jalapenos, pickled
• In medium mixing bowl, combine first 6 ingredients. Mix well.
• On each tortilla, spread about 1/2 cup of mixture. In center, place a row of jalapeno halves lenghtwise across tortilla.
• Roll up jelly roll fashion and wrap in plastic wrap.
• Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
• Unwrap and cut each tortilla into 12 slices.
• Garnish slices with a star of guacamole if desired. (If you can’t find red jalapenos, green is fine. The red just looks prettier.)
© 2011 Just A Pinch Recipe Club. Brought to you by American Hometown Media. Used by permission.