Street Tunes showcases interactive art in downtown EverettPlay your choice of 18 decorated pianos through Aug. 28
Join in the fun along the sidewalks in downtown Everett with Street Tunes: An Invitation To Jam Wednesday, Aug. 7, through Wednesday, Aug. 28. You are invited to play any of the 18 pianos that have been decorated by local artists.
“We want everyone to participate in our interactive art project and make Everett Street Tunes a memorable summer experience,” said Carol Thomas, cultural arts manager for City of Everett.
“Street Tunes has been so successful the last few summers, attracting attention to local businesses and creating music throughout the city that we have added eight more pianos this year.”
Everett Street Tunes is an interactive art project, from start to finish, beginning with the commissioning of artists to decorate each piano.
This year’s artists are: Melana Bontrager, Amber Forrest, Si Newland, Anna Mastronardi Novak, Cassandra Reed, Jeromy Sawdon, Cathy Tanasse and Alexander Vincini.
Ten pianos from previous summers will enhance the experience, including the past People’s Choice Award winners: 2012 The Buccaneers by Lyussy Hyder, 2011 Summer Reflections by Shannon Danks and 2010 Music Leopard Lounge by Janet Wold.
“We are proud to present this interactive art project that we hope will inspire people to enjoy our downtown even more,” Everett Mayor Ray Stephanson said. “This project is about engaging artists and creating energy and excitement in our city.”
For more information about Everett Street Tunes: An Invitation To Jam, and to vote for your favorite piano visit http://www.enjoyeverett.org.
Piano locations include:
1. Scuttlebutt Brewing Co., 1205 Craftsman Way – Buccaneers by artist Lyussy Hyder – 2012 People’s Choice Award winner
2. Under the Red Umbrella, 1502 Rucker Ave. – Broadway Boogie Woogie by artist Si Newland
3. Sisters Restaurant & Sno-Isle Food Co-op, 2804 Grand Ave. – Music Leopard Lounge by artist Janet Wold – 2010 People’s Choice Award winner
4. Sol Food, 1405 Hewitt Ave. – Mambo Kings Sing Songs of Love by artist Cheri O’Brien
5. Everett Library, 2702 Hoyt Ave. – All Star Piano Players by artist Cathy Tanasse
6. Schack Art Center, 2921 Hoyt Ave. – The Jimi Hendrix Experience by artist Jesse James Jeter
7. Imagine Children’s Museum, 1502 Wall St. – Intertwined by artist Amber Forrest
8. Mermaid Café, 2932 Colby Ave. – Nature’s Melodies by artist Cassandra Reed
9. Bite Me Cupcakes, 2811 Colby Ave. – Meow Art by artist Cathy Tanasse
10. EverPark Breezeway 2816 Colby Ave. – Pianobots of the 25th Century by artist Mike Capp
11. Wicked Cellars, 2616 Colby Ave. – Epoca Rosso by artist Alexander Vincini
12. Petite Sweet & J. Matheson Gifts, 2615 Colby Ave. – Pacific Coast Rocks by artist Melana Bontrager
13. Wetmore Theatre Plaza, 2710 Wetmore Ave. – Night Concerto by artist Anna Mastronardi Novak
14. Café Zippy, 2811 Wetmore Ave. – The Phantom by artist Jeromy Sawdon
15. Everett Comics, 2831 Wetmore Ave. – Summer Reflections by artist Shannon Danks – 2011 People’s Choice Award winner
16. Comcast Arena, 2000 Hewitt Ave. – The Scenic Route by artist Jody Carlson Cain
17. Everett Transit Station, 3201 Smith Ave. - Sun in Raven in Whale by artists Darrin Hess and Jane Meagher
18. 3231 Creatives, 3231 Broadway Ave. – Peek by artist Jules Anslow
-Edited by Beacon staff