Want healing? First of all: Remember who's boss
Got complaints? Need relief? Are mankind’s harrowing growing pains giving you the deep, deep blues? Is it all too much?
My testimony today is that there is a crisply defined method for experiencing profound healing as efficaciously as possible. It works for mankind’s ills as well as for your own challenges. Try it out for actual proof.
At first glance it seems way too simple: ‘Remember God in the process and you’ll be just fine.’
That the solution might be just that rudimentary boggles the mind initially; it begs disbelief, invites derision. I honor that. But if you, too, believe that we all have much, much to learn, please bear with me a bit and consider this wonderful plan.
I would like to share with you these 10 steps to super-efficient healing:
1. On purpose, invoke your Creator. (The Creator is always with us.)
2. Start by recalling God’s name. (With us by many names.) Then:
3. Think about Him, “remember” Him for a minute. This is important. (This is a brief meditation.)
4. Get clear that God alone is the source of all relief. Meditate on God’s specific role in the processes of the healing that you are requesting. He inspires the doctors, and He continually opens the doors as mankind progresses in science. (He is The Boss, so we are touching base with ‘The Controller’ first.)
5. Be clear and present for a moment: “If I am to have hope, my hope is from God alone.” (Noting the oneness of the Source of hope.)
6. Be clear: “If I’m to have support and abiding companionship, in the end they depend on the will of God alone.” (This plan involves the device of repetition.)
7. Be clear: “Only God’s decision to manifest mercy to me repairs me.” (Again, the singleness of the Source of mercy.)
8. Be clear: “After these healings occur, it is only God’s gift of mercies to me that sustains me.” (Acknowledgment of the oneness of the Source of succor.)
9. As an encouragement and as a bonus, do note that these dynamics of healing and sustaining remain the same in the afterlife. (Good deal!)
Then, to wrap it all up:
10. Pay a price of humility and thanks to God by attesting that you know that He is good: “I acknowledge, however reluctantly, that even the times of challenge get so often turned into blessings, blessings that are only for my benefit, my training and my bounty. I also acknowledge your omniscience and your wisdom at the base of all things.”
These ideas are simply my one interpretation out of the innumerable interpretations to be experienced by those who peruse this Bahá’í healing prayer, where the 10 steps listed above are gifted to us with infinitely more beauty and power:
“Thy name is my healing, O my God, and remembrance of Thee is my remedy. Nearness to Thee is my hope, and love for Thee is my companion. Thy mercy to me is my healing and my succor in both this world and the world to come. Thou, verily, art the All-Bountiful, the All-Knowing, the All-Wise.” – Bahá’u’lláh
Most prayers are framed as requests; this wonderful prayer is formed entirely of affirmations! (What?! Where is the “ask??” Where is the petition??) My guess is that God knows that we serve ourselves best by being crystal clear about from where healing emanates, and then, having a talk with ourselves about from where healing emanates.
Affirming and echoing the truths about the process, by God’s design, must be particularly potent. It has worked miraculously for me.
In this moment a massive portion of mankind is being compelled to deal with unspeakably ghastly circumstances, and no sympathetic heart can avoid being sometimes deeply shaken.
If I get a whiff of the 6 o‘clock news, my conscience makes a beeline from my heart directly to my gut where it does a little dance on my solar plexus while launching into a litany: “What are you doing about the carnage and the helpless? Remember, you do not have the right to claim powerlessness. So again, what are you doing about it?”
In response to that, for very powerful openers I say the above prayer every morning. This prayer was revealed by Bahá’u’lláh (Bahá’í). I’m asking God to please hasten my total healing (including every manner of things, like redeeming my debts and resolving all of my affairs), and in these affirmations I’m also asking our Lord to please hasten mankind’s total healing and relief.
The Bible says that we have not because we ask not. So I’ve decided that I will participate in God’s design, I will ask! And I’m asking as big time as I can; I am not going to leave this God-given avenue of relief untapped.
My testimony is that this prayer works, works, works. Please give this prayer some mornings and then be astonished at what happens.
“Remembrance of Thee is my remedy…”