Ammonia Leak in Mukilteo Wednesday morning

Apr 03, 2019

The following is a press release from the Mukilteo Fire Department

 

Mukilteo Fire Department units were dispatched early Wednesday morning to a reported fire alarm sounding in a commercial building in the 11400 block of Cyrus Way in Mukilteo.

Upon arrival, crews found a cloud of gas outside the business and called for a county hazardous materials team response.  This response brought elements of the county haz-mat team from Everett Fire, South County Fire, Fire District 7, and Marysville Fire to the scene.  Initial recon indicated the possibility of an on-going leak.  Haz-mat team members in fully encapsulated suits entered the building to investigate.  It was determined the alarm was an over-pressure alarm, the system had shut itself down as a safety measure, and there was no leak to be stopped.  All units cleared by 6:40 a.m.

 

Units responding:

 

Mukilteo Fire –Engine 24, Engine 25, Chief 25

Everett Fire – Engine 1, Haz-mat 1, Medic 6

South County Fire – Battalions 11, 15, & 21, Engines 15 & 21, Ladders 10 & 20, Medic 23, Decon 12

Fire District 7 – Engine 76, Medic 76, Haz-mat 71

Marysville Fire—Haz-mat 61

Support 7

Mukilteo Police Department

 

Time of Call – 00:56, Arrival Time – 01:03, Clear Time – 6:40.

 

 

Comments (0)
If you wish to comment, please login.