Fire causes damage to condo building

No injuries reported from patio fire
By Brandon Gustafson | Oct 10, 2018

A typically sleepy night in Mukilteo quickly turned chaotic when a small fire erupted at the Longwood Village Condominiums last Wednesday.

Members of the Mukilteo Fire Department, along with crews from Everett Fire, South County Fire, and Fire District 7, were dispatched at 7:15 p.m. to the condos, which are at the 4800 block of 76th Street Southwest, just behind Olympic View Middle School.

According to Mukilteo Fire Chief Chris Alexander, inspectors believe the cause of the fire was a charcoal grill on the deck of one of the condo units before spreading further. The fire caused damage to two units.

Heat and smoke rose to a shared attic space, which triggered fire sprinklers in the units, causing water damage as well.

There were two people in each of the affected units, but nobody was injured as a result, Alexander said.

Twelve units had to be evacuated, and Red Cross was there to assist the tenants.

Alexander said the response went smoothly,  and that they arrived at the scene less than 10 minutes after they were called.

When the crews arrived, all occupants were already out of the condominiums.

 

Units responding:

  • Mukilteo Fire: Engine 24, Engine 25, Chief 25
  • Everett Fire: Battalion 1, Ladder 5, Medic 5, Medic 6, Engine 1, Engine 4, Engine 6
  • South County Fire: Battalion 11 & 16, Technical Rescue 21, Engine 15, Ladder 10, Medic 10, Medic 21
  • Fire District 7: Engine 76
  • Snohomish County Fire Marshal’s Office: FM28A

 

 

Comments (0)
If you wish to comment, please login.