No arrests made in Hamptons shooting

By Brandon Gustafson | Jan 16, 2019
Photo by: Brandon Gustafson Officers and detectives arrived to The Hamptons, a condominium complex in Harbour Pointe, just before 7 p.m. last Thursday, for a report of multiple gunshots. One man was taken to the hospital, and no arrests have yet been made.

Officers from the Mukilteo Police Department responded to The Hamptons in Harbour Pointe Thursday evening for a report of multiple gunshots.

When officers responded to the condominiums, located in the 5300 block of Harbour Pointe Boulevard, they found one victim, an adult male, who had been shot and whose injuries were considered non-life-threatening.

The victim’s right leg had been shot, and he was taken to a nearby hospital to treat the injury.

Officers responded to the condominiums just before 7 p.m., and investigated the area well into the night.

At the scene, Crime Prevention Officer Myron Travis said the shooting was not accidental and was not self-inflicted.

Travis said officers believed the shooting was an isolated incident, and that there was no reason for anyone in the area to worry, despite no arrests being made.

As of Monday, there have still been no arrests made, according to Mukilteo Police Chief Cheol Kang.

“Our detectives have a lead they’re following,” he said.

Kang said due to the ongoing investigation he couldn’t say too much, and that the detectives are working on the lead and don’t want to potentially compromise that by releasing too much information.

Kang also echoed Travis’ statement, noting the general public should be concerned for their safety despite there being no arrests.

“We have every reason to believe this was an isolated incident,” Kang said.

 

#This story will be updated as more information becomes available.#

Comments (0)
If you wish to comment, please login.